Fresh from the web.
wow just wow, im really putting this on my to get list.
Wow this has to have the best graphics of any game i have ever seen
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Extended gameplay
So it seems that borderlands 2 was leaked and yes it’s real
“Gearbox has confirmed the existence of Borderlands 2, rumoured to be in development only yesterday. The game’s down for release sometime in publisher 2K Games’ fiscal year 2013, which begins April 2012, and you can expect the first round of hands-ons at Gamescom this month.”
Following from the success of Competition05, we have decided to have a new competition. To celebrate the fact that YoYo is moving to Dundee (One City, many Discoveries) we are making the theme “Discovery” you can do anything around that theme from sailing ships and map making to mad professors, so put your thinking caps on for this one and let the creative juices flow.
The competition rules are found here. The specific rules for this competition are :-
1. GameMaker 7 or 8 only
2. Fixed screen size 480×272… no bigger… no smaller
3. Game must start in a window, though a full screen option, or using the F4 key is allowed- full screen size is limited to 480×272(EDITED by Mike May 17th)
4. Final EXE must be no bigger than 8Mb
5. EXE only no ZIP files
6. No DLL’s or other extension packages can be used.
7. No installation packages
8. No use of the registry
9. Game controls that can be used are UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT – for movement, SPACE, Z, X, C – as action keys and P for Pause and ESC to quit. (EDITED by Mike May 17th)
10. All games must be tagged with Competition06, anything tagged incorrectly will not be considered.
11. 2D or 3D can be used but it must be standard Game Maker features, remember no extensions.
12. Contest finishes August 31st 2010 at Midnight GMT
13. No networking or on-line features. (EDITED by Mike May 17th)
* First Prize – $1,000
* Second Prize – $500
* Third Prize – $250
To be paid by PayPal.
Discovery is a wide theme. Here are some thoughts to get you started. Clearly you can make some hidden object game. You can make a game in which you must explore the oceans, space, a city, or any other environment to discover riches, people, ancient knowledge, or anything else. You can collect skulls of enemies you kill (and try to discover all skulls that exist). Your game might challenge players to discover the safe paths through hazardous areas. You can discover who are your friends and enemies. Or you might want to discover the true meaning of life (or death or god or something else).